Pages

January 29, 2012

Samantha King: Good Days

*SECOND SEASON PREMIERE*
"Good Days"
Season 2: Episode 1

Starring

Queen-of-mean. as Samantha King

with...
Tylerisbold as Nathan Woodward
Welsh_Witch as Ellen Fray
.SAMtheMAN. as James Fray

Samantha whimpered, her face turning slightly yellow as the news of her shocking pregnancy circulated in her head.

Samantha: No, that’s not possible. Oh my god, no.
Dr. Patel: Are you sexually active, Sam?
Samantha: I was...
Dr. Patel: Do you take any kind of birth control?
Samantha: My boyfriend took me to a friend and he gave me some kind of shot. It worked though. I haven’t had periods since taking it.
Dr. Patel: Do you remember the name of this shot?
Samantha: Um...not really.
Dr. Patel: Samantha, shots like those don’t always work for everyone. It’s like any other birth control yes but it’s not given regularly so they don’t always work. Did your partner use any other contraceptives? Condoms?
Samantha: I think maybe twice. It wasn’t a big concern because I had taken the shot.
Dr. Patel: Well, I know you’re surprised but you are indeed pregnant and that is why you must get your eating habits under control. Samantha, your negligence to proper nutrition could cause your baby to be born with a defective heart or a disease. There’s also a good chance you can have a miscarriage if you continue to starve yourself.
Samantha: If I knew I was pregnant, things would have been different! I wouldn’t have screwed up my life! What am I going to do? (Wiping her eyes)
Dr. Patel: For right now, we’re going to keep you overnight again. Tomorrow morning I’ll check back in with you and see how you’re getting along. I’m going to prescribe a low-dose anti-anxiety medication. Just get some rest and I’ll see you in the morning, okay? (Get's up and shakes her hand)
Samantha: (Holds on to his arm for a second longer) Please don’t tell my parents. Anything. I’m legally an adult and if it’s possible, I choose to keep this private.
Dr. Patel: That is the policy but I would strongly recommend you inform them of your pregnancy and eating disorder. Parents can help when it comes to recovery.
Samantha: Obviously, sir, you haven’t gotten to know my mother.

Dr. Patel nodded indifferently and left the room. Samantha sighed and sank deeper into her bed. She needed rest. Her head throbbed and sleep was all she could think about. Though it pained her to think about Nathan, she couldn’t help but touch her stomach and grin sadly. It amazed her to think that another being was growing inside of her. Samantha looked up jerkily as her parents came back into the room.

Samantha: Mom, I’m fine. You two need to go home and relax.
Ellen: (Hugs Samantha)
James: (Kissed Samantha on the top of the head) Goodnight.

Without saying anything, they left her alone and went home for the night. Samantha stayed awake to debate whether or not to call Nathan. She needed him more than her parents and it was more his concern than theirs anyway. Sam checked the clock and saw it was nearly one in the morning. Sighing, she reached up and grabbed the phone hanging above her bed. Dialing his number quickly, she listened silently for him to pick up. It rang and rang. Finally, there was an answer.

Nathan: Hello? (Tired voice)
Samantha: Nathan. It’s me.
Nathan: Sam? Hey...
Samantha: I need to see you.
Nathan: Samantha, its one in the morning. I can’t just leave Peter alone in the house.
Samantha: Well, bring him with you. I need you right now.
Nathan: Is everything alright?
Samantha: No, I’m in the hospital. Please come.
Nathan: Which hospital?
Samantha: North Medical. I’m in room 208.
Nathan: I'll be there as soon as possible.

Samantha placed the phone back on the hook. She turned on her television set and waited for him. As she waited, the anticipation made her feel sick. She didn’t know how to tell him her news or how he planned on reacting. It made her ill to think negatively. Her worst fear would be for Nathan to reject her completely and walk out of her life for good. These thoughts vanished the instant he came gliding through the door with Peter at his side.

Nathan: Samantha. (He breathed, walking up to her bed)
Samantha: (Sat up a little and smiled at him gently)
Nathan: (Leaned over and kissed her forehead)
Samantha: I’m sorry it’s so late.
Nathan: It’s fine. What’s happened to you? (Pulled up the chair next to her bed)
Samantha: You can sit up here with me Peter. (She patted her bed and Peter crawled up next to her)
Nathan: You look horrible. It’s like looking at death, Samantha.
Samantha: I know, Nate. Don’t rub it in.
Nathan: What happened?
Samantha: Nathan, what didn’t happen? I overdosed on sleeping pills and fell into a coma. It was an accident.
Nathan: (Raised his eyebrows) That's serious Sam.
Samantha: That’s not even the half of it. Nathan, I’ve been lying to you about eating. I’ve starved myself for weeks. Whatever I forced down my throat, I purged within hours.
Nathan: (Grabbed her hand and stroked it) You are so beautiful, Samantha. Why would you do this to yourself?
Samantha: I wasn’t happy with myself. Nathan, I made a mistake. I didn’t want to leave you but my eating was getting in the way of being happy. It’s not even something I could begin to explain to you. I’m so sorry. I’m sorry I ruined everything.
Nathan: I know, Sam. But it’s the past and it’s over. You’ve got college and I’ve got to be a dad. You were right. You don’t need me right now, not when you need to focus on getting well again.
Samantha: Nathan, I need you more than anything right now…
Nathan: No, Sam. You don’t. You need rehabilitation and stability…
Samantha: And for the father of my child to help me through this!
Nathan: (Jaw dropped) Wait? What?
Samantha: I’m going to have a baby Nate.
Nathan: Mine?
Samantha: Yes yours! Christ, could you be a little sympathetic please?
Nathan: Samantha.
Samantha: Just don’t get angry. (Tears framing her eyes)
Nathan: (Shakes his head stoically and touches her face) I’m not mad.
Samantha: Good because I can’t fight with you anymore. I didn’t want to say it to your face but I need help. I have to fight this disease and gain some weight. Our baby could die, Nathan. I can’t do this alone, I just can’t! I can’t be alone anymore.
Nathan: What do you want me to do?
Samantha: I don’t know. I’m not even sure of what I’m going to do. School’s not an option for me. By the time finals come around, I’ll be near my due date.
Nathan: What about your parents? Have you told them?
Samantha: Of course not! Nathan, I’m eight weeks pregnant. I wasn’t eighteen two months ago. They’ll have you thrown in jail. I’m not going to tell them.
Nathan: You have to tell your mother and father. Tell them the father left the country to study abroad in Europe. Make something up but you have to tell them. They can help you more than I can.
Samantha: Why are you being like this? Why aren’t you offering to take over? No matter what, I’m going to be part of your life forever. I’m having your baby.
Nathan: What happened got way out of hand. We weren’t right from the start…
Samantha: Why the sudden change of heart? Because I’m pregnant?
Nathan: Samantha, c’mon. Be reasonable.
Samantha: I am! You’re the one being a jerk. You’re going to leave me with a baby and no way of supporting it. You used me and now you’re throwing in the towel. I’m really starting to despise you for this!
Nathan: You’re a young girl. I am an old man. How can that possibly be right?
Samantha: It’s too late for that now. Just tell me you’ll be there for me and for your child.
Nathan: I still care about you, Sammie. I’m not going anywhere.
Samantha: Why are we always fighting on our good days? It’s so tiresome. (Grinning slightly)
Nathan: (Shook his head and laughed) Bad habits die hard. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay? (Stood up and kissed her forehead)
Samantha: (Kissed him quickly on the lips) Bring me back my ring?

Nathan nodded and took Peter in his arms. Samantha watched them walk away. Satisfied with his answer, she rearranged her pillows and fell asleep.

1 comment:

Maria ☺ said...

Yay! A happy end for the previous post!