Pages

August 25, 2011

Samantha King: Relaxed & Carefree

*VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED *
"Relaxed & Carefree"
Season 1: Episode 8

Starring
Queen-of-mean. as Samantha King

with...
Tylerisbold as Nathan Woodward
Welsh_Witch as Ellen Fray
.SAMtheMAN. as James Fray


Samantha sat on the couch and sobbed while Nathan stroked her head. She hugged him and bawled. There wasn’t any way for her to get close enough to him. Tighter and tighter she squeezed but she felt like she was still standing in a metal cage, naked and vulnerable. After half an hour, Samantha relaxed enough to talk to him about what happened.

Samantha: It was horrible in there. They dressed me up and made me spin around so they could look at my body. Men would grab my legs and wave dollars at me. I’d bend down and they would stick them in my panties. Some guys touched me while others spoke to me like we were making love. It was sickening.
Nathan: I know, I know.
Samantha: I felt like a pig. I looked disgusting in that ridiculous ten inches of material. It was no different than if I would have walked out there naked.
Nathan: You looked amazing to me. It’s not that you didn’t look sexy, Samantha. That’s not the problem. You just looked sexy for the wrong people.
Samantha: I thought about you the whole time. I thought it would make it easier if I pretended I was dancing for you. It didn’t work. Thinking of you made me feel ashamed. What’s so special about what we have if I share it with everyone?
Nathan: It’s over babe. Don’t beat yourself up.
Samantha: (Looked him straight in the eyes and shook her head violently) No, you don’t understand. Everything I am is yours. You’re the only man I’ve ever given my body to. And tonight, twenty different men saw what belongs only to you!
Nathan: (His jaw dropped slightly. Shocked, he closed his mouth and cleared his throat) Why didn’t you tell me?
Samantha: I didn’t know how. Nathan, it was embarrassing. It still is.
Nathan: You’ve never had sex before?
Samantha: Couldn’t you tell? I mean, aren’t you supposed to be able to feel a difference?
Nathan: I could feel a difference, but I thought it had more to do with how young you were, not how experienced.
Samantha: Please, I can’t stomach anymore.
Nathan: I want the honest truth. I’m not sure even how to say this...do you take any kind of birth control?
Samantha: (Her eyes grew wide. She lifted her head up to stare at him in horror) No. Oh my god, it never even occurred to me!
Nathan: (Put a hand up to calm her down) It’s fine Sam. We’ve only done it twice.
Samantha: I’m nothing but trouble for you. I’m so sorry.
Nathan: (Hugged her and kissed her on top of the head) I’ll take care of you. I promise.

Samantha entered her sleeping house around two in the morning. Saddened and exhausted, she collapsed onto her bed and slept until nearly dinnertime the next day.

Her mother knocked on her bedroom door several times. Samantha didn’t move. She had no desire to get up. When her mother persisted, Samantha rolled to her side and looked at the door.
Her mother shouted through the heavy wooden door. Samantha yawned and shuffled to her bathroom. Instead of going to dinner like her mother ordered, Sam took a bath. She sat in the hot water for an hour or more until all the bubbles disappeared. Her hair dripped water all over her floor when she stepped out of the tub. She stood in front of her mirror and looked at her body. The idea of showing what she saw to old men made her feel like she’d rather die. Disgusted, Samantha wrapped herself in a bathrobe and combed her hair.

Neglecting her mother’s warnings that were shouted to her from the kitchen, Samantha sat on her bed, hand toweling her damp hair. At the same moment, she thought of her cell phone. She reached over and grabbed the small device out of her purse. To her great dismay, she found that no one had called her. Nathan had not called. Frustrated, she threw the phone to the floor and curled up into a fetal position. She glanced over at her alarm clock and saw that it was nearly six o’clock. An idea popped into her head. Her mother didn’t know that she had quit her job on opening night. It was the only way she could ever see Nathan again without the risk of being caught. Samantha dressed quickly in a little red sundress and flip-flops. She combed her hair and pulled it back into a ponytail on top of her head. Swinging her purse over her shoulder, she walked down the hallway into the kitchen.

James: Where have you been?
Samantha: Sleeping. I was tired from work. Actually, I have to go back tonight. I’m leaving early so I can deposit my tips in the bank. (Grabbed the keys off the kitchen counter and reached for the front door)
Ellen: Wait. (She touched Samantha’s arm lightly)
James: You haven’t eaten.
Samantha: So? I’ll grab something on the way. Can I go?
Ellen: Sit down babe. We want to hear about your night.
Samantha: I really need to leave. I have to stop at the bank, go to rehearsal, and then work for five hours. I don’t have time for chit-chat, alright?
Ellen: What time will you be back, Sam?
Samantha: Probably around two or three. I have to go. Bye.

Samantha hurried away, kicking up sand and dirt as she did so. She didn’t bother with speed limits or stop signs. It felt both dangerous and depressed as she drove downtown recklessly. When she arrived at the apartment, she ran from the parking lot all the way inside to the elevator. Almost frantically, she tapped the up button, wishing it would speed to the fifth floor. When the doors opened, Sam trotted to Nathan’s front door and knocked. The door didn’t open. She put her ear to the door and could hear no movement inside. Samantha reversed a few steps and panicked. What was she to do now? She put her hands over her eyes and held her breath. Something desperate flooded her being and she began to knock on the door and slap her hands against it. Still, no one answered. She shouted out Nathan's name, hoping that maybe he was just in the bathroom. When no answer came, she slid down to the floor. If he was out, she was certain he would return soon.

Samantha sat on the floor of the darkly carpeted hallway and waited. Half an hour passed. An hour. Two hours. When she looked at her phone, she saw it was now almost nine o’clock. She crossed her legs to the side and shivered. Her bare arms were frozen in the cool atmosphere. Each time the elevator opened, she looked up with the hope of seeing him walk through the doors. Every time, it was some other man or a woman and her children or an elderly couple. Samantha buried her face in her hands. The elevator doors opened again but Sam didn’t bother to look up. She heard a familiar voice speaking. Suddenly, she heard her name.

Peter: Isn’t that Samantha?
Nathan: (Looked at her, puzzled, and hurried to give her a hand up. He helped her smooth her dress, still not speaking)
Samantha: Peter! Hey buddy, how was your weekend?
Peter: Fun! (Gave Samantha a quick hug and ran inside the apartment)
Nathan: What are you doing here?
Samantha: I don’t know. Supposedly going back to work.
Nathan: (Shook his head, confused)
Samantha: (Rolled her eyes) My mother thinks I’m still working. I didn’t tell her I quit!
Nathan: (Smirked) You’re such a liar.
Samantha: Leave me alone, it’s the only way. (She held Nathan’s hand)
Nathan: I know. You look cute tonight by the way.
Samantha: I didn’t plan on it.

It was a very simple evening for the couple. They sat together on the couch. Samantha and Nathan snuggled up together, with Peter sitting on Nathan’s lap. They watched Peter's favorite movie. When it was over, Nathan patted Pete on the back.

Nathan: You need to go to bed Pete.
Peter: Why? I want to stay up with you! (Throwing his arms around Nathan’s neck)
Samantha: (Stroked his head) The sooner you go to bed, the sooner you wake up. (Poking him in the side)
Peter: (Giggled)
Samantha: (Began tickling him furiously, so hard that he was shrieking with laughter)
Nathan: (Scooped up Peter) Alright! You can’t have her all to yourself buddy. (He kissed Peter on the cheek)
Samantha: (Grinned and waved) Night Pete.
Nathan: (Turned around and put Peter down) Give Sam a kiss goodnight.
Peter: (Ran up to Samantha and hugged her and gently gave her a kiss on the cheek) Night Sam.
Samantha: Night-night Pete.
Peter: (Ran into his bedroom)

Nathan stood with his hands on his hips. He gazed down at Sam, staring with admiration and tenderness in his eyes. Sam giggled and stretched her legs out on the sofa. Nathan sank down on the sofa. Neither said a word. Samantha listened to Nathan’s slow breathing and perfect beating heart. She didn’t know if he was actually watching the show or thinking about her. She didn’t care really. It was only when they were watching television that Samantha felt totally relaxed and carefree. When the show ended, Nathan brushed his fingers across her arm lightly.

Nathan: Are you awake?
Samantha: Yeah..crap...I have to get home.
Nathan: You’re not expected until three.
Samantha: I know. But you have to be at work in the morning. I want you to rest. (She ran her fingers across his chest)
Nathan: I don’t want anything but you.
Samantha: I know.
Nathan: I want to make love to you, over and over again.
Samantha: I wish you would but…not here. What if Peter comes out?

Nathan kissed her mouth roughly and picked her up from the sofa. Samantha giggled and kissed him back. They both found themselves locked inside Nathan's bedroom for the rest of the night.

No comments: